Sunday, June 19, 2011

Traveling

Traveling is always an adventure and I experienced one on my way home a few days ago. When I arrived at the airport, my flight was already delayed an hour, so they switched my connecting flight in Chicago so I could make it. Then, as I sat waiting to board the plane after another hour delay, one of the workers came over the loudspeaker and announced that only the people making half of the connecting flights were going to be able to make it. On top of that, they did not have any more rooms in Chicago to put people up so they asked if anyone would be able to fly to Houston and then to my destination from there. Now normally when I am flying by myself, I am a little on edge because I want to make sure that I make all of my connections and that i am paying attention to the announcements and such, but this trip I was surprisingly not stressed at all. In fact, I was able to just take everything in stride. The other passengers were all freaking out or angry about the delay, but I just had peace about it. It is amazing to see the blessings in a situation instead of the frustrations. Since my flight was delayed, they put me up in a hotel for the night and gave me a nice meal voucher so that I could have a snack at the restaurant. I also got shuttle service to and from the hotel and a morning wake up call. Basically, the airline ended up paying over $80 because their planes were not all running smoothly. It was so amazing to feel the Lord's protection over me the whole time and to just be able to dwell in his peace even when everyone around me was unhappy. And what an opportunity to be a witness among people who may not know the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment